Thursday, February 18, 2010

My eating habits need serious help

I'm having a food problem. You know that saying, "eat breakfast like a king, eat lunch like a prince, eat supper like a pauper"?

Well, it's not working for me. Most mornings my dad turns on the lights to my room and I drag myself out of bed to brush my teeth and dress and eat. I usually reserve 10-20 minutes for eating and packing lunch, so while I do get breakfast, it's not usually very healthy.

Then I go to school. Lunch varies. Sometimes, if my dad makes it or I find something to make a sandwich with [or I just pop a lean pocket in the microwave], it's good.

Then I go home and eat a snack. My snack is usually lunch sized. After snack comes an assortment of scattered meals. Imagine Hansel and Gretel leaving their trail of crumbs. At first, they drop chunks of bread. Then after a certain point [say, 4:30], the discernable chunks become a constant stream of bread.

First there's dinner around 6:30. Then every half and hour after that, a parent pops by the desk where I'm trying to do homework.

"Want more dinner?"

"Want to eat oranges?"

"Want to eat cake?"

And then I pop into the kitchen to refill my cup of water and I spot my dad spooning this dark jelly into a bowl.

Me: "Ooh, can I have some?"

Dad: "Sure."

And I spend twenty minutes slurping down condensed milk and a mysterious grass jelly that resembles obsidian.

I'm surprised I'm not obese.

I think it's the Calculus. I read once that difficult math problems burn calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment