Wednesday, February 17, 2010

"All alone, it's a sorry sight"

I'm not quite sure what to say, except that I don't have much homework tonight. And Lights is definetely getting stuck in my head.

Something that kind of annoys me: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_university_diversity_calif;_ylt=AtAg9YYeqk9cgG87_5CgMIkUewgF;_ylu=X3oDMTNpZ2xhbHRuBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwMjE3L3VzX3VuaXZlcnNpdHlfZGl2ZXJzaXR5X2NhbGlmBGNjb2RlA21vc3Rwb3B1bGFyBGNwb3MDNwRwb3MDNwRzZWMDeW5fdG9wX3N0b3JpZXMEc2xrA2NhbGlmcmFjZS1iYQ--
The law that bars the University of California from considering race in student
admissions violates the civil rights of black, Latino and Native American
students who are underrepresented at the state's most prestigious campuses and
blocked from seeking redress through the school's governing board, a
class-action lawsuit filed Tuesday alleges.

No, it doesn't violate any civil rights. Race not being a consideration is a good thing. It means we're looking past such superficial things and moving towards merit.

Okay, there are concerns that there aren't enough black and latino students at universities. But there is a higher pecentage enrolled than in 1996. It's getting better.

I was going to write more here, but it ended up being very rant-like and desperate.

*sigh* Now how to end this?

I want to go to college. I want to learn. And I want colleges to like my resume and accept me[-which they won't, because your GPA sucks. -Be quiet]. So it would be against my personal interests if colleges are forced into pumping more other students in soley based on race. It's not fair. [-Life sucks, get over it. -Well, we don't have to make it worse.]

I wish we could just get over the race thing. I'm neither white nor black nor [read all over] hispanic. I'm asian. But more than that [yeah, yeah, I'm a human being.]

Sorry about the side comments. My head voices are bouncing all over my brain.

1 comment: