Sunday, March 7, 2010

My Thoughts Branch off to Infinity

I spent my saturday drawing maps for history. It was quite amazing, actually. 12 straight hours of mindless devotion. And my maps are amazing. One for before WWI, one for after WWI.

How did I do it?
-Printed out a black and white map
-Traced the country borders in ink
-Taped a blank sheet of paper over it and put it against the window to trace the outlines in pencil
-Made a copy of the pencil drawing
-Traced the copy of the pencil drawing in ink
-Color
-Name
-And repeat

I have a sneaking suspicion that my posts are mostly about homework. And that no one really cares.

Well, fine.

I'll talk about Imogen Heap. Because it was her song [The Walk] that I listened to for most of the 12 hours. I don't know much about her, except that she used to be a part of Frou Frou, and that she's English. But I love her songs, and somehow they always mean something to me.

It's really amazing when someone can write/sing something that a random person can understand. I wish I could do that.

Me: Blah blah blah
Random Person: OMG! That's what I think sometimes when I'm happy/alone/doubting myself/doing homework. I feel better now!

There has to be more than pure genetics in a person. More than environment. Two people can enter the same room and emerge miles apart. Is it just pure chance? A coin that is tossed with two possibilities that lands with one?

I feel, sometimes, that I know nothing. Everything that's ever crept or been crammed in my brain is insignificant, because all the unknowns of the universe rounds off way before my decimal place. Sometimes I don't understand what's going on around me. And I wish I did. Sometimes I wish I knew and understood everything. But then my pitiful brain would probably explode. There must be a cost for omniscience.

*cough* I just realized - I have a lot of homework to do.

Seriously though: The Walk. Imogen Heap. Look it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment