Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Communism and Marxism aren't good tags....

AHA!!!

Certain lyrics have a habit of sticking to my brain. Well, there was this one that had been bugging me for weeks, "the Jaeger's so sweet." I was too busy and too lazy to try to find the song that it belongs to, but it turns out that I needn't have bothered - it's from "Six Feet Under the Stars" by All Time Low. I was listening to the acoustic version, because I had been listening to "Remembering" by the same band, and had gone on itunes to look it up. And then I noticed the acoustic "Six Feet Under" was a bonus track and could only be bought with the album, so naturally I was curious and listened to it. And then I heard it!

It's amazing how some things work out.

On an unrelated note, I've been watching loads of junk t.v. recently. Namely, Millionare Matchmaker on Bravo, which is like a show where millionare [not rich, because with inflation and the graduated tax, even millionares are struggling. Not as much as the poor, but still, in their own way, struggling] men go and speed-date with a bunch of beautiful-and-smart-girls. All of this is presided over by the matchmaker Patti.

Anyways, one of the millionares is extremely religious, and he asked one of two girls that he picked to go on a mini-date what they thought about Christianity, or religion in general. And the girl said something like, "well, I personally think that the bible is just a bunch of made up stories to manipulate the masses, but I'm very spiritual."

And the look on that guy's face was something along the lines of "okay, you're out." Although it wasn't his face that made me laugh. It was what the girl said. I'm pretty sure that some communist or Marxist doctrine condemns religion as "an opiate for the masses." Or maybe I just read it in 1984. Or my history textbook. I really wish more people read this blog, because then maybe they could help. Because there's a significant distinction between communism and Marxism, and it's one of those things that educated people should know about, like the correct usage of 'irony.'

But unfortunately I never quite got into politcal ideologies, even though I've wanted to and I've thought it'd be interesting. I also couldn't recognize irony if it shot me in the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment