Sunday, March 14, 2010

Here's me sounding like a tree

Do you know what's incredibly sad? I think I'm getting old. I don't mean the day by day aging - I mean the nostalgic, "Woah, has it really been that long?" kind of old.

Facebook is either the best or the worst invention on the internet. Best, because it allows us to "connect" with old friends. Worst, because more often than not, those friends only become pixels in a square that pops up on the homepage when they click around Facebook. Worst, because once in a while their photo albums pop up and you see them, and realize that they've gotten older.

It's the Grandparent problem, when they haven't seen you in years and suddenly they stare at you and gasp, "look how old you've gotten!" [or maybe that's really only a kid thing] and you stare at them because it does not seem like you have gotten older at all.

Sometimes it seems like my life is stagnant, like a frozen particle in a whirl of chaos, and all around I can see people growing and moving through life ahead of me and behind me and next to me. But I'm not moving. I am still. I am the only thing not moving. And I wonder how long it will be until I fall behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment