Friday, September 11, 2009

One Single Life-Defining Event

What kind of English prompt is that?? I don't even remember most of my life. How do I determine which murky memory made me who I am?

He said to own it. Make it your own. Your event. Your voice. Oi. That's the most difficult thing to do. Especially for the satrical AP Lit & Composition teacher who we've had for all of two weeks...

A life-defining event. A life-defining event.

Really.

Discovery of music? Ok, lemme try.

I grew up around (amongst, in...) Classical music. Having begun piano lessons at the age of 4, by the time I was in 6th grade, I was well versed in the works of Bach, Betoven (...that's not right), and Chopin (kind of a lie, but of well). My only experiences of pop culture were a brief obsession with Britney Spears' "Hit Me Baby One More Time" and scornful listenings (need to edit) to the radio during field trips in the later grades of elementary school. It was in the 7th grade when...

Gr. Somehow I don't think it's right. He said to own it. I don't know what I own. I don't really know what makes me, me.

Own it, goshdarnit. In 725-775 words...

No comments:

Post a Comment