Thursday, February 18, 2010

I think to myself and sigh

I just went back and put labels on a bunch of posts. It's funny how I'm too sick and too tired to do my homework, but not too much that I can't blog. Not really. This is just typical.

Wanna know what hydrographia means? Hydrographia: Creating an illusion of reality through vivid description of water.

There's a bunch of these enargia-like rhetorical devices. There's one that creates an illusion of ditto through a vivid description of a tree.

I don't understand how that would work. Would it be like a metaphor? What is meant by "an illusion of reality"?

All I can think of is "the moonlit bark glistened in the night air. sprawling branches pierced velvet sky, mirroring roots that grasped crumbling earth"

But that's just normal description, isn't it? Is it that in describing the tree, the rest of reality is revealed? Is dendrographia just a more specific description? Should I be confused by this?

No comments:

Post a Comment